Logo

1994 Regal Ventura 32b wtwin 74 GLDP VolvoPenta

K

knucklehead

"Anybody have an approximate f

"Anybody have an approximate fuel consumption for a 32' Regal w/two 7.4 liter beasts in say gallons per hour at cruise (approx 28knot, so I'm told)"

"I have test numbers for both

"I have test numbers for both the 5.7's and newer 8.1's - I can post both here - yours should fall somewhere in between - the bottom line is though, it's going to suck alot of gas

114560.jpg

114561.jpg
"

you can probably add 5 to 7 ga

you can probably add 5 to 7 gal per hour at 3500rpm to that as the GL's are carbed and these examples are injected.

"Brett, you are absolutely rig

"Brett, you are absolutely right. I half realized that when I posted the charts, but figured "hey, if you can afford to spend 60-70 bucks an hour in gas at cruise speed, what's another 20 bucks".

I'll stick to my "little" outboards, clocked about 200 hours this summer and didn't quite burn 50 gals of gas
"

"lol, i cant complain, have a

"lol, i cant complain, have a 5.0gi on a 24ft cutty, fuel is not "that" bad, although 200 hrs and 50 gal, thats not bad either"

Yoh! Note that the larger eng

Yoh! Note that the larger engines (properly propped) in the same boat get better gas milage! Seen that pattern all the time.

Jeff

"Jeff, yes, and makes perfect

"Jeff, yes, and makes perfect sense, unless you go totally overboard with engine size, a larger motor (or twin set-up) isn't going to work near as hard as the smallest one you can get away with (which usually has a rediculously pitched prop on it, because "this guy" at the marina said a 23 pitch would work and you would get more speed)

The better torque band alone in the bigger motor is going to allow the boat to get moving without the engine "breaking a sweat" and drinking lots of gas to do it

But I guess it's all relative, 2 x 7.3L motors are what, a combined 900 or so cubic inches - that's alot of vaporized gas to fill those cylinders in anyones book - a whole lot more than the 16 cu in of my 15 horse, but of course I also run a 4 cu in, 2 cylinder 2.5 horse, to save gas when running slow
"

"Thank you all, I was looking

"Thank you all, I was looking to buy this type boat however the owner couldn't give me any details of the boat, being very evasive to any questions asked. This is a great service you all provide. Thanks"

"Knuckle, that is a big stopsi

"Knuckle, that is a big stopsign on buying a boat, anytime someone wont be up front about a toy, there is usually a problem with that toy. good luck on finding your next purchess"

Back