Logo

Repower 1988 grady white 25 sailfish

wetyet54

I need to repower this boat an

I need to repower this boat and was hoping someone here may be able to suggest new motors that will fit and utilize the same outdrive holes. It currently has 180 mercruisers and alpha drives. any advice will surely be appreciated. PS: not a lot of space between existing motors and I cant find the overall specs to check manufactures width listing.

"Are looking to replace the OD

"Are looking to replace the ODs with the engines?

Before you commit to buying, check the transom, stringers, engine mounts and floor for rot. The transom will rot below the ODs and wherever a ladder or hole is in it. It can be replaced from the inside with engines removed.

Take the boat to a dealer and have them tell you what will fit. They will want your business over the winter so you will be able to negotiate the deal. A nice pair of 4.3L 190 HP would be a good setup. If they won't fit then a pair of 3.0L should. If your ODs are original w/o ever been refurbished, consider having them done but compare the cost of recond. to new.

As a deal closer, tell them to throw in a new set of throttle/shift controllers and cables at no add'l cost."

Back