Logo

318 Chrysler Cooling schematic

stuart

I am looking for a Raw water C

I am looking for a Raw water Cooling Schematic or photos for my 1969 318 Chrysler engine

Any help will be appreciated

"hey Jeff, would that diagram

"hey Jeff, would that diagram also work for a 360? could you send me the diagram as well? thank you"

I could use this as well on my

I could use this as well on my 1970 Gibson w/318

"Jeff, can you please send me

"Jeff, can you please send me one too? thanks Chris"

"Looks like I'd better pos

"Looks like I'd better post it here

Jeff
171499.jpg
"

have a 1977 marinette with twi

have a 1977 marinette with twin 318's the water enters from bottom of boat but won't fill the sea strainer-any help??? please!! thanks

"You've got an air leak at

"You've got an air leak at the strainer, and the culprit is that whimpy rubber gasket.

Here's what I did and it works like a charm: Make an O-ring by getting several feet of 1/8 vacuum tubing from NAPA, along with some rubber cement. Next, cut a length of tubing that fits tightly inside the strainer. Select some electrical wire that you can slide inside the tubing--a snug fit is what you're looking for. Coat the wire with the rubber cement and stick the wire inside the tubing. (The wire length needs to be about 75 % of the tubing length, with the middle of the wire at the joint.) Be sure the ends of the tubing are cut nice and square, and that the cement bonds them tightly together.

Finally, since the "O-ring" is thicker, you need to shim the screen lower. Unscrew the nut at the bottom and put a thick flat washer on the shaft (above the screen).

Good luck!

Jeff"

"thanks for all the help, the

"thanks for all the help, the water pump intake to the water strainer was installed upside down! oppps! thanks and I will have him check the impellers as well...thanks again."

Back