Logo

Mercury 1994 135HP V6 BlackMax Idle Surgewonbt hold low Idle

tracsand

"I'm have a problem with m

"I'm have a problem with my 94 Merc 135 v6 Black Max. I was on the water running fine, cut back on the throttle, and it stopped running. Would not restart right away. When I finally got it to kick over, Idle surged very high. I cut the Idle lever back and it would die. Played with the idle friction at the control box, still wouldn't hold low enough idle to kick into gear. I finally had to let the motor surge, and in almost one motion kick down the idle lever, and punch the throttle. Ran fine in gear at running speed, but as soon as I backed off the throttle, she'd die again. Had new fuel that ran my kicker fine, so I'm pretty sure it isn't the fuel supply. Plugs brand new outing before, pulled them and they look fine. Please help!! Not outboard savvy so any ideas would be appreciated!"

"Tracy, I am not too familar

"Tracy, I am not too familar with the V6s, however, if the motor will not idle at the proper speed, it is likely that the carbs are dity or misadjusted. if the motor tries to idle at too low a speed, you can increase the speed by adjusting the idle stop screw.

BTW - I just purchased a '94 135HP V6. I have only had it a couple of days, so I am a novice with it."

Back