Logo

Nissan NS60A Water Pump Service Manual

Hi Stu.
No problems with supplying that impeller.
All the impellers I have right now have been pre-sold but I am still making more. I hold on to them for a few weeks before I release them to make sure they have cured properly. The impeller is made of urethane instead of rubber so they last much longer than the standard rubber units. They sell for $50US and postage usually comes to $12US.
Than you very much for your inquiry.
Best regards,
Scott.

Hi Robert.
My paypal address is [email protected]
The total comes to $140US. Let me know how it all goes for you. If you experience any problems at all, please drop me a mail.
As you can see from the impellers, there is a good side and a fair side. I advise people to install the impeller with the good side down - or facing the propeller. I would also smear some marine grease inside the housing to help insert the impeller and to help the impeller spin for its first start-up.
Good luck with the installation and happy boating.
Best regards,
scott.
Just a heads up, will be back in town tomorrow and will send payment thru paypal, please let me know when received. Thanks Robert.

Scott, not sure if you got my reply, just a heads up, will be back in town tomorrow and will send payment thru paypal, please let me know when received. Thanks Robert.

Hi Robert.
No problems and no need to rush. I'll be sure to let you know when the funds come through.
All the best,
Scott.

Hi Robert.
Payment received with thanks.
I hope all is well with you and all the best.
Scott.
p.s. I am building a new pressure chamber that will produce an even better impeller. I'll send you one when they start coming out. Free of course as you have been such a great customer!

Hi Stu.

I'm pretty sure I have replied to this via pm but just incase. yes, still making these impellers.

Best regards,
Scott.

Hi Robert.
Payment received with thanks.
I hope all is well with you and all the best.
Scott.
p.s. I am building a new pressure chamber that will produce an even better impeller. I'll send you one when they start coming out. Free of course as you have been such a great customer!
Scott, hope you had a great summer, impeller working and motor in good shape. Sounds good on the pressure chamber, keep me posted. Great during business with you. Sorry for not replying sooner but out of town alot for work, you know need the money to buy boat and motorcycle toys. All the best Robert.

Hi Bob.

Glad to hear everything is working well for you. The pressure chamber is finished and working a treat so I have a different method of construction now. I have only been making the hard inner core and no sign of air bubbles and excellent strength. I might add a loop of carbon fiber in the mix just to reinforce it a little bit more. It might be overkill but I would prefer that.
You have been away busy with work! Well I hope you can slow down a bit now you're back in town.
Hah! Yes. More money for boat and bikes, or at least boat and bike pieces so I can increase my inventory!
Thanks for being such a great customer and I'll still send you some more impellers once I have some stock.

Best regards,
Scott.

Hi Bob.

Glad to hear everything is working well for you. The pressure chamber is finished and working a treat so I have a different method of construction now. I have only been making the hard inner core and no sign of air bubbles and excellent strength. I might add a loop of carbon fiber in the mix just to reinforce it a little bit more. It might be overkill but I would prefer that.
You have been away busy with work! Well I hope you can slow down a bit now you're back in town.
Hah! Yes. More money for boat and bikes, or at least boat and bike pieces so I can increase my inventory!
Thanks for being such a great customer and I'll still send you some more impellers once I have some stock.

Best regards,
Scott.
Hi Scott, thanks for the response, hope you have a great weekend and holiday, thanks for the info and keep me posted on your progress.

Hi Bob.
I have the new impellers working nicely now. If you are still interested, I can send you a new version for you to try free. Just drop me a line and let me know.
Best regards,
Scott.

Hi Scott received your message last week and sent you two replys but guess they did not go through as I have has computer problems but seems ok now. Would like to try the new impeller and of course the pricing. Summer was great but got pneumonia and had to stop my vacation in SC and fishing. I just went back to work in Jan and now decided to retire and hope to do some riding and fish, but first before retiring I got a hernia and go back to the hospital, what could go wrong next. Hope you receive this email and hope to hear from you. Robert.

Hello Robert.
It sounds like you have been in the wars lately. Pneumonia and a hernia! I've had pneumonia twice and it's not nice is it. I never want a hernia so I'll keep fingers and toes crossed. I sincerely hope things are looking brighter for you now and that your road to recovery will be an easy one. What kind if riding do you mean? Horse, bicycle or motorbike? I ride motorbikes myself, both on and off road but mainly off road for sight seeing. I went to a charity ride last night that involved cruising down the coast and stopping at a pub to have some calamari and chips followed by a movie (Mad Max) at an outdoor cinema. A few pints helped everything go just that bit better. The charity was for Kids Cancer and the organizers seemed pretty happy with the turnout.
Anyway, sorry to get off topic. I'll get an impeller in the post for you to try or just to keep to one side as a spare. Don't worry about the price, I will cover that as you were my very first customer and the most understanding. I'll drop it in the post tomorrow so you should have it in about ten days or so.
I do not have your postal address as I sent your first impellers a fair while ago, so I'll send you a private message that you can reply to with your address.
Talk to you then.
Best regards,
Scott Lintern.

Scott, hope you receive this one,seem to have a problem leaving you emails, address is Robert V. Sinclair, 81 Houston Road Lansdowne, Pa 19050. Let me know if it is received. Robert.

Hello Robert.

I just received your private message and this one together. Sorry you had to put your address on the forum.
I am heading into the post office this afternoon so I'll get your in the mail today. I hope you like it.
I hope this email finds you in good health and in good spirits. After the pneumonia and a hernia, I'm sure you just want to get 'out there' and enjoy being healthy for a change. :)

Best regards,
Scott.

Hello Robert.

I just received your private message and this one together. Sorry you had to put your address on the forum.
I am heading into the post office this afternoon so I'll get your in the mail today. I hope you like it.
I hope this email finds you in good health and in good spirits. After the pneumonia and a hernia, I'm sure you just want to get 'out there' and enjoy being healthy for a change. :)

Best regards,
Scott.

Scott, haven't heard from you lately, hope this finds yuo well. Did you send a new impeller to me as I have not received anything as of yet, going to SC in June. Have a great week, nice weather this week. Robert.

Scott, haven't heard from you lately, hope this finds you well. Did you send a new impeller to me as I have not received anything as of yet, going to SC in June. Have great week, nice weather this week. Robert.

Hi Robert.
It sounds like one has gone to impeller heaven! It was sent ages ago, so it's definitely gone AWOL. I still have your address on this thread so I'll send another for you. I'll be going to the post office to post a load so I'll make sure yours is in there too. Sorry that you have been sitting around twiddling your thumbs for sooooo long!
Everything is fine here and the weather is glorious! I think today is 29°C and blue skies! Fantastic :)
All the best,
Scott (karbonwerx).

Hello scott i also need a waterpump housing and an impeller for the ns60a. Can you please help me. I bought a motor not knowing i couldn't find the housing or impeller and it didnt have one. Help!!!

Hello Jason.

No problems at all. I have some impellers for that motor in stock, though I do not have any cases at the moment. I'll try to whip one up for you this weekend. I will supply a kit that will have everything you need to get the pump working. My kits include the impeller, a new metal key, a case gasket, a case and the rubber grommet that seals the lower end of the water feed pipe to the pump case. You will not need a stainless steel cup for the case as my cases are made using 100% Urethane so there is no need for it.
I charge $135 for this kit + $12 postage. Let me know if you are keen and I will go ahead with the production of the case and I'll send you a PM with my Paypal details.

All the best,
Scott.

Hello Jason.
My Paypal user name is the same as my email address. [email protected]
I have some impellers in stock and I can have a case ready for you by Friday. I hope this helps. Postage to the US currently takes about ten days to get to your door.
All the best,
Scott.

Scott, I just read about you in this thread, and wonder what other impellers you offer...I have an old JABSCO 1" "cup style" that is hard to find an impeller for, because it is "too old" according to most "vendors"...I finally found one, but loath trying to find the next one...in a few years.
Here is my current problem.
I have the cylinder head off of my 1972 SD 33, and got a gasket set (from Tiffin Parts in Ohio) that is for a 1980 and newer, even though I specified the earlier engine.
It came with a lot (10) of rubber coated rings that look like they are the same size as the small copper gaskets for the injector tips, and some larger ones that look the same size as the upper copper compression seal on the injectors....the kit also has 6 small copper rings for the injector tip, but only two of the larger copper rings...it has a couple of some medium sized rubber rings too...
I have a free copy of the service manual from the internet missing three pages (M 15-18) and tried to buy a copy but it is missing those pages too. The manual says "don't forget to install the rubber seals" in the head gasket...
I have placed two of the large rubber rings in the head gasket at the rear end where they fit over what seems to be oil passages, and two of the medium ones on two passages forward of No 5 cylinder....there is another hole at the rear end of the gasket, that has a "stepped" end in the block, and there is one copper "compression' type ring that seems to fit there, but I am not sure about what is supposed to go there...So basically, I am missing a drawing of the head gasket that shows where the sealing rings go, and a list of the parts that are required...the 1980 gasket set has smaller valve guide seals too, but I cut the valve guides down and used a better type, so that seems to be ok...but it is frustrating not being sure about why there are so many of the rubber coated rings, and not knowing where they go...there are holes in the gasket that are the size of the small rings, but they are "blank" against the block and head...no passages in either, at those holes...should I put the rings there? are these a new type of injector seal? I took the head off because there was a lot of white smoke that smelled like unburnt fuel, but seemed to be water vapor, but the head gasket did not look "blown"...so I had it serviced, and now have this problem with the gasket set...any guidance would be appreciated.
Robert
[email protected]
415 250 3214

Hello Robert.
First up, I can help with the impeller problem. If you can get a decent version of your impeller to me, I will cast it and send you back your original impeller along with a new copy impeller. I always do this service for free. It helps both of us as I get a mold with which I can make more impellers and you get a source to get impellers in the future as well as a replacement for when yours kicks the bucket.

As for the parts in your SD 33 kit. From my engine building experience, manufacturers will always place all of the gaskets for as many models they can cover into one kit. They expect you to troll through the kit and throw out any parts you don't need and install the parts you do. It's cheaper for them to make one kit than lots of different kits. Definitely make sure you get those 'O' rings in there. They are for the water journals and without them, your head will definitely leak out. I would imagine your copper ring is for an oil gallery as plastic and diesel oil don't mix well (unless the 'O' rings are made of nitrile). I would say that the remaining parts you have are for a later model that had some changes made for it. The injectors only use copper crush washers so don't put plastic washers in there. Talking about the injectors, make sure you hold the fuel line while tightening the bolts on the injector rail as they can start to grab the rail as you tighten them and they will twist and pull the pipes apart. I would not bother about placing the remaining washers in the gasket where the holes in the gasket have no holes in the head or block. It might be worth asking around to see if the galleries in the gasket are made for a SD 33 with cooling modifications, but if it kept it's temperature in range before, I would not worry about it.
As for the smoke, oil usually burns white and fuel burns black. While your head is off, can you check the pistons for excessive horizontal movement? If I suspect water in the exhaust, I place a piece of material like a handkerchief over the exhaust and catch the mist in the cloth. Obviously you can't do this now, but it's a hint for the future. Does your fuel tank have a leak? Could you be getting water in your fuel? I do a leak down test if I suspect a dud head gasket. Checking for a blown head gasket can be as easy as setting the piston at top dead center and pressurizing the chamber with compressed air. If there is a leak into the water jacket, the water level in your radiator will rise.
If there are any mechanics out there that fault my methodology, please feel free to correct me as I dont want to lead Robert up the garden path.
I hope this information helps you Robert. Please keep in touch and let me know about your progress.
All the best,
Scott.

I just started making them again after a having a few months off. I was hoping to get some finished for this weekend but I've been called away to an oil rig for a week so I have not been able to touch them. I have quite a few people waiting for some but I have made 30 cores ready for the impeller fins so I will definitely have one for you if you are willing to wait a week for me to get back. Please feel free to email me at [email protected]
Best regards,
Scott Lintern.

Back