Logo

Remote Controlstook apart to clean forgot how to put back together duh

89sea65ray

"The problem started by when s

"The problem started by when shifting from neutral to forward or reverse, or vise verses the engine would stall, unless I eased it though. When it stalled in neutral I can restart it, but it still has that tender spot. I was told it was a dirty switch in the control, so I took it off & tore it all apart & cleaned & regreased everything. I got most of it back together, except I can't remember how the shifting lever for the throtle mounts. The gear lever is ok, but I can't get the gas lever to ease in after engaging in gear. I got on of those manual on CD, but it dosen't show my type of control arm. Dose anyone know where I can go online to look for help or if you've got a pic you can email me? Thanks"

More likely a bad lower shift

More likely a bad lower shift cable. the switch in the control box is a "start in neutral" only.
the switch to aid shifting in mounted usually on the stbd riser."Shift interupter"

I'll send a pic. by email;

I'll send a pic. by email; too big of a file for this site. Item #41 has to be installed in the right hole. Do you have neutral throttle control?

"thanks,bt doctur, you're

"thanks,bt doctur, you're right that's just a start safety switch. the lower shift cable looks fine. i'm still trying to find the other switch you mentioned. GUY, thanks for the diagram, but it's not the shifter control I have. Yes, the one linkage will shift from neutral to forward & same for reverse, it's the throttle linkage that won't kick in til I'm about 3 inches into gear. I looked all over mine for a name, but no luck. I took 3 pics I'll send you (or anyone who can help) to help me find out the type I have or if I've got it put together right. Just send me a note with your return email. Does anyone know different types or a manual that I might be able to look up diagrams on?"

"Per your statement about the

"Per your statement about the throttle, you have a cam or lever in the wrong position. Try to adjust it."

Back