Logo

Chrysler 440 reverse rotation

shogun

I need to set the timing on my

I need to set the timing on my new 440 is the number one cylinder at the front right or at the left rear? on a reverve rotation motor.

"Mark
just hook up the timing

"Mark
just hook up the timing light to either one, if its running now you will see the the timming mark on only the correct clyinder. If your on the wrong one the timimg mark will be now where in sight. MOst reverse engines number one is number one, its the next clyinder listed either 7 or 8 that tells you its a counter rotating engine. You didn't state that year so I don't want to guess which side."

"Front left is always # one on

"Front left is always # one on Chryslers, and that includes reverse rotation.

Jeff"

"Jeff, William, Thanks for you

"Jeff, William, Thanks for your help on my last question. I have every thing set up and I can't get the motor to fire up can you tell me if the firing order for a reverse rotation motor is 18436572 or 12756348 when i turn the motor over she seems to back fire through the carb. do you think it might be 180 out thanks Sorry the motor is chrysler 440 marine reverse roration"

"The distributor (plus rot

"The distributor (plus rotor and oil pump) turns the same way on both regular and reverse rotation motors, but the order of the wires in the cap is different. For a regular rotation, use 18436572. FOr a reverse rotation use 12756348.

Jeff"

Back