Logo

Need a flywheel for a Johnson 40 Outboard Are you there Gary

• Thread starter shouldausedaharmonicpuller
  • Start date
S

shouldausedaharmonicpuller

" Ok, as I stated before, I br

" Ok, as I stated before, I broke the flywheel on my Johnson 40 Horse Electric Start Outboard. The number on the inside of the flywheel is 583011. Also, I have access to another flywheel that has the number 582438. All I know so far about this other flywheel is that it is off a 50 Horse Johnson from the 1980's. So, my first question is, are these two flywheels interchangeable? Do I have to have a flywheel with a number matching mine, or is there a way to cross reference to see if the other flywheel would work? Otherwise, Gary do you have a used one and how much? Thanks a ton.

Luke "

" Luke, Firstly, I do not h

" Luke, Firstly, I do not have a flywheel with that number on it. Secondly, I have no idea whether the flywheel you can get from the 50HP motor will work. Best you try to put your pieces together, compare your flywheel to the 50HP unit, look for identical location of keyway, any other distinguished marks for comparison. If it looks the same and won't damage your stator on installation, try it. Have a great day. Gary "

" So much for having a lot of

" So much for having a lot of flywheels that look like mine, huh? The flywheel I need is a 583012, 583911, or 583696. Thanks anyway. "

Back