Logo

Oil injection Question

D

denrbub

I have a 75hp 3 cylinder Mari

I have a 75hp 3 cylinder Mariner outboard oil injected. I have a intermittent beeping sound with the key in the run position and when running. The oil reservoir is full and i replaced the low oil sensor. I have disconnected the the low oil sensor at this point. What type of alarm would i get if the oil pump is not working? Would i get a engine overheat alarm if running without oil?

The drive gear on some motors

The drive gear on some motors is plastic(believe it or not ).The newer motors have a sensor for the oil pump (no rotation).

" If you disconnected the blue

" If you disconnected the blue wires from the sensor, and the beeping stops , it is probably the magnet on the float in the oil tank that has fallen off. You can either repair or replace the tank, or keep the tank full of oil. There isn't an alarm for "no-oil" in this system. "

" it appears that i can have p

" it appears that i can have plenty of oil in the tank and the low oil sensor working properly yet,
if the oil pump isn't working, i wouldn't know it. In other words, the low oil sensor has nothing to do with the oil pump functioning properly. "

" The low oil sensor has nothi

" The low oil sensor has nothing to do with the oil pump operation. Mercury use to have a rotation sensor, for the oil pump, on the V-6 outboards but they did away with it a few years ago. "

" i had a similar problem and

" i had a similar problem and it turned out to be the control module, about £75 "

Back