Logo

1415b Peterbrough

M

Michael A

Has anyone heard of this make

Has anyone heard of this make/model boat hull? I am looking to buy one and can't seem to find any info on the net. Any advice would help a great deal.

" Used to be a very popular br

" Used to be a very popular brand in central/eastern Canada. Manufactured here in Peterborough, Ontario. I'm not sure what happened to the company but if I am not mistaken they were taken over by Springbok/Princecraft Canada. They manufactured many different models ranging from Cedar Strip, Aluminum and Fiberglass. In the late 70s early 80s their 14-15' fiberglass runabouts were quite popular as ski and speed boats due to their shallow draft modified hull design. I never personally owned one but my older brother had purchased their 14' GTX model. Although it was only rated for a 60 hp, he dropped a 115 Merc on it and used it for water skiing. He kept that boat for about 15 years as it had to be one of the best boats for skiing behind. Low to almost no wake, up and out of the water like a cork. Handled Great all round. I'm thinking the the only reason he got rid of the boat was that at that time in his life his family was growing and the boat had suddenly seemed to be shrinking due to limited seating space. The boat also proved to qualify as a great fishing boat due to shallow low to the water design. "

" Sputter, thanks for the info

" Sputter, thanks for the information. Looks like i am going to have some fun with this boat. "

" Hi Michael,
You might wan

" Hi Michael,
You might want to look up the Toronto Chapter of the ACBS (Antique & Classic Boat Society - www.acbs.org) and see who's got the info on the older Peterboroughs. I've seen several of the older cedar-strip hulls at shows in the Muskokas and Ottawa, so there's bound to be interst out there...
Good luck!
- Scott "

Back