Logo

Boat leans to the right

C

CJ

" Here's one for you. I re

" Here's one for you. I replaced my engine this year (4.3L) and my boat seems to lean to the right until I get it on plane. I don't remember it doing that before. The fin on the outdrive (above the prop) looks as if it might be too far to port. Is that what would be causing the boat to lean? Once on plane, it seems to be fine. Any suggestions?

CJ "

The trim tab could be contrib

The trim tab could be contributing to the starboard list.It'll tend to swing you to port while you compensate with the drive to STBD. Loosen the trim tab srew and re-adjust to center and see what happens. Make slight adjustments as necessary thereafter. Have you loaded the boat with stores any differently than you have in the past??

Out of the book!
The adjusta

Out of the book!
The adjustable trim tab provides a means to offset (balance) some of the "steering pull" that is caused be "propeller torque" at higher operating speeds.

Steering.... Not boat lean.

" I have just had this problem

" I have just had this problem , and it was caused by putting in a larger battery which is on one side of the boat. I didnt believe it would have caused the boat to lean but it does.

The bottom line is if you have no water getting in then the weight is not evenly distributed.

Regards
Chris "

Back