Logo

Welcome

A

Admin (Admin)

" Welcome to the gas inboard e

" Welcome to the gas inboard engine category of the MarineEngine.com message board. I hope you will find this a useful way to get answers to your questions, and to assist others with their problems. Regards, Andrew "

Kermath Sea Prince.
I have a

Kermath Sea Prince.
I have a Sea Prince Serial #310055 and am trying to find its approximate age and also where I may find spare parts-specifically a carb that was missing when I bought the engine.
If I get that far I would also be interested in finding compression ratio etc.
Regards.

"A blast from the past.

We

"A blast from the past.

We are nearly complete in the process of building a large open speedboat. The boat is powered by a 4M-2500 Packard V-12 marine engine (same engine as those used in World War II PT Boats). The Packard engine has a Delco Remy generator - model # 1106703, 26volt, 75 amp.

On the side of the generator is the male electrical output connector (round, 4 male contacts, with a key in the shell side). We are missing the female mating connector half to the male connector half on the generator.

Any information that you may have that would lead us to the manufacturer, part number, or a source would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration.

Carl Cioppa
508-480-8550

[email protected]"

" We own a 1959 42ft Matthews

" We own a 1959 42ft Matthews fully restored Cruiser. It has two 1956 Chrysler Imperial engines.331ci? Left hand and right hand rotation. Does anyone know where I can get parts, gaskets sets for these engines. Your help would be greatly appreciated. We live in Ontario Canada.
Dave "

" DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A

" DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE AN ANSWER TO MY DILEMMA?

I HAVE A 1976 26' SLEEKCRAFT AMBASSADOR POWERED BY A REBUILT 1985 454 B.B.C., THE DRIVE IS AN ACE CHAMPION V-DRIVE WITH VELVET DRIVE TRANNY. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS THAT THE ENGINE NEVER GETS UP OVER 100 DEGREES NO MATTER HOW LONG I'VE BEEN RUNNING IT. THE COOLING SYSTEM IS A RAW WATER SET UP. AFTER THE WATER IS PICKED UP BY THE PUMP, IT TRAVELS THROUGH THE OIL TRANNY HEAT EXCHANGER, THEN INTO THE EXHAUST MANIFOLDS, FROM THERE INTO THE ENGINE BLOCK. FROM THE BLOCK TO THE RISERS THEN OUT THE THRU HULL EXHAUST. THERE IS NO THERMOSTAT, JUST TWO HOSES THAT EXIT TO THE RISERS. I AM SURE THAT WITHOUT A THERMOSTAT THE WATER WILL NEVER REACH A NORMAL RUNNING TEMPERATURE. I HAVE HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT THERMOSTATS WITH A BY-PASS, WHICH ALLOWS SOME WATER TO CONTINUE THRU TO THE SYSTEM WHILE HOLDING BACK THE REST OF THE WATER IN THE BLOCK UNTIL IT WARMS UP TO OPTIMUM RUNNING TEMPERATURE.
CAN ANYONE SEND ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AS TO WHERE I CAN PURCHASE THE BY-PASS THERMOSTAT AND HOW I SHOULD SET IT UP FOR THE PROPER WATERFLOW THROUGH THE SYSTEM.

THANKS ALOT AND WAITING WITH ANTICIPATION

STEVE PAULL "

Back