Logo

Frozen 165hp merc

R

Robert Cornell

" Hello, I am new here, I have

" Hello, I am new here, I have a 6cyl chevy that was running fine about 8 months ago. Charged battery and proceeded to turn over engine, the starter engages but the motor will not turn, tried turning at the circulating pump but only slips the belt. Now up north I would have winterized it but I did not this year because I moved to Fl.now I think it might be frozen, How can I tell if it is the motor or the outdrive? Is there something in the outdrive that could be froze causing my problem? Because the motor ran fine before. Thanks for any help, I understand how to free up a engine, which I have not tried yet, thinking that maybe it might be something else. "

" Hi again, need to add to ori

" Hi again, need to add to original post, the motor turns fine, jumped the the starter itself and it turned over, guess the solenoid is engaging but not sending any juice to the starter motor, have had a chevy do this before, had to start the motor by jumping the starter, If there is anything else I am missing please don't hesitate to help "

Back