Logo

b95 Evinrude Vindicator 200 hp STLEOA

B

Billy Gee

" Due to other family consider

" Due to other family considerations, this motor has been sitting idle for about 2 yrs. My question is:

What should I do, look for, pay special attention to before trying to start this motor?

My 1st thought was to drain the gas tanks and oil reservoir.

I'd GREATLY appreciate any other thoughts.

Thanks "

I'd also like to ask for

I'd also like to ask for the 'beep' codes for this motor. Ive lost that info too.

Thanks

"Clean and rebuild the carbure

"Clean and rebuild the carburetors as needed. Sitting that long, they're fouled for sure.

(VRO Horn Warnings)
(J. Reeves)

1 - A steady constant beep = Overheating - The V/6 engines, possibly some others, have a fuel restriction warning which is also a steady constant beep.

2 - A beep every 20 or 40 seconds = oil level has dropped to 1/4 tank. (Late model engine = Every 40 seconds)

3 - A beep every other second = VRO failure, air leak in oil line, oil restriction, (anything that would result in a lack of oil being supplied to the engine).

NOTE - The warning horn should beep once when the ignition key is turned to the ON position. If it does not, it is either faulty or someone has disconnected it (a stupid move!). At any rate, if it does not beep which indicates that the horn is non functional, find out why and do not run the engine until the problem is corrected.

Joe
"

I would also service the wate

I would also service the water pump and gearcase.

I want to get a service manua

I want to get a service manual. Are those available on this site factory NEW or used???

Back