Logo

Water flow problem Javelin 85 HP

briansal1

" I have been playing with a J

" I have been playing with a Javelin 85 HP which sat for 2 years, I had water out of the exhaust relief when i started, i replaced the water pump impeller with a genuine omc and i got no water out of the relief holes at the back of the leg.tho I have always and still am getting a good telltale squirt.

I tried it out on the water and still got no water from the exhaust relief or very little and the overheat buzzer went off soon as i got onto the plane but idling around the mariner it doesnt overheat.
I then replaced the thermostats, one was partially stuck open the other all the way stuck open. Still no water out the relief holes
But a fair bit is now coming from the leg.
I then realised that i hadnt seen a grommet between the water pump and the pickup pipe, on removing the leg again i found the grommet inside the water pump adaptor. The grommet is not in great condition but is there just the same, would the leakage from this grommet be enough not to allow enough water through the powerhead and as a result not enough to make it out the exhaust relief??

For my thinking i am getting water through the power head but not enough, does this make sense to anyone?? I'd appreciate any help from anyone out there thank, Brian. "

What are the actual compressi

What are the actual compression #'s .Blown head gaskets are a major cause of overheating.

In the lower end at the top o

In the lower end at the top of the water tube there is a grommet that probably needs to be replaced. Also the plate that the water tube bolts to that may need to be surfaced. You may get away with just replacing the gasket. If you take this apart you will see what I mean.

" thanx gene i'll look at

" thanx gene i'll look at that while i have the lower unit off , i think i have just upset the seal of the lower grommet, i appreciate your help "

Back