Logo

Engine size

A

antegbg

I have a Mariner 30 hp 1987 6

I have a Mariner 30 hp 1987 689s109203. I want to know the engine size and if its possible to make it to a 40 hp. And if it does what should i do to make it to a 40 hp

" The best way to make it a 40

" The best way to make it a 40hp is loosen the clamp screws and lift it from the back of the boat, then set a 40hp outboard on the back of the boat and tighten the clamp screws.

That may sound sarcastic, and if so I really don't mean for it to be. It is just that if you do modify items such as carbs and ignition, and manage to squeeze another 10hp out of the motor (thats a 30 percent increase) then your going to be stressing the rest of the motor beyond what it can take and in short order you will have a 30hp piston rod sticking out through that modified 40hp block. "

There is 2 diffrent 30 hp one

There is 2 diffrent 30 hp one 429 cc and one 644 cc. And the bigger one is the same size as 40 hp. I was wondering wish size i have and if i have the bigger one i´ve wonder what to do to make it to 40 hp

" Ok. If in fact the 644cc 30h

" Ok. If in fact the 644cc 30hp is the same block to include the pistons, rods, and crank, as a 644cc 40hp then perhaps you would be safe in doing such a modification.

If that is the case then you will perhaps find that the difference will be with the intake and carbs. It would be possible that they went with a smaller intake and carb setup on the 30hp version causing a reduction in horsepower. I would recommend doing intense research into the specifications of all of the internal parts of both the 40hp and 30hp models to insure that they did not change between the two. If the 30hp model is equipped with internal parts that are rated for 30hp and you modify it to produce 40hp then your back to square one. "

Can anyone tell me which size

Can anyone tell me which size i have or where i can find it.

Back