Logo

Taking a long time to plane the boat out

B

Brian Durham

" Hello. need help. Have a 1

" Hello. need help. Have a 1983 150HP Evinrude motor. have a 18 Ft Bass boat. When trying to plane off motor sounds like it is bogging down. Takes a long time to get up on plane, but when it gets up and runs I have no Problems. I have just change Spark plugs, and it was doing this before I changed them. Have not had this Problem till now, it has always been good and now it is taking it a long time to plane off. any help would be nice

Thank you all very much "

" Hey Brian...

Try this..wh

" Hey Brian...

Try this..when trying to get up on plane, and its starts bogging,push the primer 2-3 times and see if it takes off..if it does, then that means that the high speed jets are pluged in one(or more) of the carbs...also look for water in the tank, this will make it bog down also...if it still dosent work right, need to go thru all of the carbs....TommyG "

" Thanks Tommy.

I have this

" Thanks Tommy.

I have this messege up around several messege Broads. Thanks for the reply, going to go and clean out tank. "

"you didnt say if this is a ne

"you didnt say if this is a new problem and that it worked well before.
or is this boat new to you.
i had this problem with a boat i bought,did all the above,thought if that the way the boat came it should work,
found they just fitted a boat to a motor and of to sale it went/
turns out it was not proped properly.
bought smaller prop and now no problem.
top speed is slightly slower, but hardley noticable
rainer"

Back