Logo

Older Johnson Seahorse 35 model and year

D

David Drylie

I have a number from the righ

I have a number from the right side of block 326713-1. Cowling ID plate missing. I cannot buy a manual or gap spark plugs without Model and year. Trailer and boat 1988.

I found serial # E5533835. T

I found serial # E5533835. The Model is hard to read J35RC??. Has rope and electric start. 16' Sport Tracker boat appears to be an old commercial design.

hey David...the "C" i

hey David...the "C" is the code for the number 8..
This is how it works
I N T R O D U C E S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
If you can make a reasonable guess at the other letter you will be close enough to be able to get a manual for your motor...

" Without the last two letters

" Without the last two letters, it may be hard to identify the year. The J=Johnson, 35=horsepower, RC=rope start, the missing one or two letters represents the year. OR the R=rope start, the C=8 (the first year number and the next letter would represent the last year number and the last letter, if any, would represent a suffix number or run number. So you see what the problem in identifying the year model is without the complete model number "

" Hey guys, thanks. Best I ca

" Hey guys, thanks. Best I can tell the last two are '1' or 'I', then 'G'or '6'. So, I should have a rope start 1981? Tho, it is an OMC electric start, with a rope start. Is there a serial number cross reference somewhere to confirm? Seems like serial # would tell all? I can read the serial # clearly. "

" If the model number is J35RC

" If the model number is J35RCT, its a 1983 model;
if the model number is J35RCN, its a 1982 model;
if the model number is J35RCI, its a 1981 model. "

Back