Logo

Stalling Yamaha 225

M

m. young

" I have a 88 Yamaha 225 that

" I have a 88 Yamaha 225 that stalls at first acceleration. It does it mostly after it has been running, warmed up or been at idle for a period of time. If I closed my choke for a sec while its stalling (allowing more fuel?) it takes off and runs fine until I stop and have to take off again. Already replaced primer bulb. Possibly fuel pump? Thanks for any suggestions and help, Mark "

Is this the motor with YMIS &

Is this the motor with YMIS (computer controlled spark advance) If it is the your throttle position sensor is more than likely out of adjustment. If not a YMIS then your link/sync adjustment is prob out of adjustment. In other words sounds like your carbs are opening a little sooner than they should in relation to ignition timing.

" Thanks tonyaus. It is a YMIS

" Thanks tonyaus. It is a YMIS. I check all my sensors and they all check out. Throttle position sensor was reading 20/1000/1000 ohms so my book say's they should. Still leaning towards fuel supply problem. I pulled my fuel line off of my top carb and when spinning it over, it has a pulse action. Cranked it with line off (don't tell anyone)and it's kinda steady but weak looking. How much flow should I get, I know it's not suppose to have alot of pressure. Thanks again , Mark "

Back