Logo

Help with oil injection system

J

jm legg

ihave 1989 40 hrp johnson fue

ihave 1989 40 hrp johnson fuel injected and oil injected i think that the (pump?)inside the oiltank may be bad can i get a replacement for it can i splice the wires from the new one without having to take the old ones off the motor? i could not get the oil to come out of the end of the hose while sqeezing the primer bulb

"There is no pump inside the o

"There is no pump inside the oil tank, only a filter. The VRO on the engine is the pump. You either have a oil restriction or a faulty oil primer bulb.

Joe
"

ok then what contraption that

ok then what contraption that is inside the tank

sorry about the last message

sorry about the last message not very good at typing i thank you for your help iwill replace the primer bulb can i run some compressed air backward in the hose to eliminate any blockedges our sould i just replace the hose assembly thanks agian

" There is a mesh screen on th

" There is a mesh screen on the bottom of the oil tank pick-up. It can be cleaned by removing the four screws that hold the pick-up in the tank. There is also a float on the pick-up assemble for the low oil warning. What kind of problem are you having with the oil system, and what waring signals are activated? Sometimes the oil is diffacult to pump, especially if there is a small primer bulb. "

after taking the filter off i

after taking the filter off i saw a ball valve it was stuck frimly in its seat i took small wood dowel and work it free now works fine ran the motor for a hour no problems thanks to everyone who helped they got me going in the right direction

after taking the filter off i

after taking the filter off i saw a ball valve it was stuck frimly in its seat i took small wood dowel and work it free now works fine ran the motor for a hour no problems thanks to everyone who helped they got me going in the right direction

Back