Logo

Question for Mercury experts

steve

Contributing Member
Where would the thermostat be

Where would the thermostat be located on a 35 hp Merc? I've got a manual but it does not clearly state where it is located.

Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks Sparky. I think you ar

Thanks Sparky. I think you are right. I was investigating it today and I found the housing that it may be located in. It has the two ignition coils mounted on each side of it.

Question for Sparky. Is there

Question for Sparky. Is there a way to tell the rpm without buying all the exspensive meters that you normally have to use? Is there a cheap rpm meter like you can use on cars? I want to set the timing.

Timing is fixed and unless so

Timing is fixed and unless someone has fooled with it will not need adjusting.There are tachometers available that run of an inductive pickup clipped on a plug wire.

" Sparky, I Moved one setting

" Sparky, I Moved one setting that I think is the cam adjusting screw. It moves the stator under the fly wheel when I move this lever. I hope I did not get it out of adjustment as the motor seemed to idle down when I moved it. Does this cam adjustment sound right to you as for as the name? "

" please help I have a 1973 me

" please help I have a 1973 merc model 200, 20hp outboard long shaft my arm tells me I need to get a starter how do i fix this problem? "

" Thanks so much for this site

" Thanks so much for this site. I have a 115 Mercury outboard that is idling rough and has no top end power. I was moving from one fishing spot to another and it was running fine, when all of asudden it was like it went into a lower gear and slowed down. When I started off again it took for ever to plane out and it never reached top speed again. I pulled the plug wires off one at a time and the 1st and 2nd had a change but the 3rd and 4th did not change the way it was running. I then sprayed some quicksilver Carburator cleaner into each carburator throat and the first and second cylinder tried to stall but the third and fourth actually sped up like they were not getting any gas. Could this be carburation problems or maybee a reed valve problem. Thanks for any help you can give "

" I have a 1984 200 h.p. mercu

" I have a 1984 200 h.p. mercury outboard, serial #6435777 with carb I.D.,W H only, no #'s follow need to know jet sizes and positions. Not in manual. "

I have a 1984 200 hp mercury

I have a 1984 200 hp mercury outboard serial #6435777 with carburator ID# WH only no #'s follow. Please can anyone help me with jet sizes and positions. They are not in manual. Have checked several marine shops.

"2001 Boston whaler, 90hp merc

"2001 Boston whaler, 90hp merc. will not Start. when turning the ignition key, it will not turn over, motor just clicks. Battery is good, all gauges work when key is engaged. the motor will turn over intermittenly, but will not start. This started this fall while out fishing however, after 1 or 2 trys the turn of the key would turn the engine over and start. The boat has sat for a few weeks now, and the problem has got worse, whereas, the boat will not start, and 1 out of every 100 turns of the key will even turn it over. Does this sound like the starter? NEED HELP, more snow is on the way."

I need to know how to adjust t

I need to know how to adjust the idle on a 1994
200 Black Max EFI.

thanks....Steve

NEED TUNE UP SPECS FOR 75 MARI

NEED TUNE UP SPECS FOR 75 MARINER 1989 MOD DONT HAVE MANUAL AVAILABLE AM I ABLE TO FIND THIS IMFO ON LINE THANKS

"I have a 2003 90 hp mercury o

"I have a 2003 90 hp mercury outboard, with factory tilt and trim, does Mercury install a trim sender or is this have to be added, I want to install a trim guage."

"I have just purchased 4.8 cen

"I have just purchased 4.8 centurion with a 90hp mercury throws an unusal jet of water on each side of the motor (rooster tail effect). Would this be a mounting problem, the dealer seems to think this is normal, i also dont believe I am getting the corrct speed on the water"

"Milton
(Next time, start

"Milton
(Next time, start a "new discussion" under "topics" and your subject.)

I think your motor is too deep in the water. The anti cavitation plate should be level with the bottom of the boat. Maybe you have fitted a long shaft motor to a short shaft transom. A small difference can be corrected with a wood block between transom and motor.
Robert"

Back