Logo

What engine is better for my boat

D

Danny Jones

"I'm getting a 1968 25&#39

"I'm getting a 1968 25' flybridge Luhrs from a guy for free- total restore basketcase.... Anyways, I think he told me he pulled a frozen 360 out of it, and went ahead and spent $6000 rebuilding a 440. He's willing to sell me the longblock 440 for $2500 (and velvet drive and v-drive for another $800). However, that entails also buying a 440 velvet drive bellhousing (can't find any!)and I believe if he has a 71 velvet drive, that I would have to get a 72? Or, would it be better to get a rebuilt 360 and call it a day? I guess my reasoning to buy his engine would be that (1) I guess the price isn't bad, and (2) the extra hp to push me around the Pacific ocean. I'll take any advice I can get"

I'm trying to find out wha

I'm trying to find out what size and year of my mud boat engine. I've found many sets of numbers and can't make heads or tails of it. Please HELP. The Numbers I've found are:
46R0301
Serial # 7870
E - 396 - M - S
E - 13 - 451

"Help, anyone?? I actually fou

"Help, anyone?? I actually found a 440 bell housing, so I guess I'm going that route."

"Forgot- the prop that comes w

"Forgot- the prop that comes with the boat is a 16x14. What do you suggest I do, maybe go with a 16x16? It's a 1" shaft too- I hope that's stout enough."

"The 1 inch will work okay. S

"The 1 inch will work okay. Suggest running it first, then doing aprop change as necesary.

Jeff"

Back