Logo

Mercury battery charging kit instalation

G

galen bartels

i purchased a battery chargin

i purchased a battery charging kit from the dealer.the instructions say to hook up the yellow wires from the stator to the rectifier.well there are not any yellow wires under the hood.the dealer i bought the kit from was no help at all .
they pretty much said "sorry about your luck c/ya bye"the motor is a 2000 6 hp 2 stroke serial # ot124251 any help would be appreciated.by the way the dealer was spicers boat city in houghton lake michigan

There has to be a gray and a

There has to be a gray and a yellow wire coming from the stator you installed under the flywheel. The gray should be considered as a yellow. Hook them up as per the wiring instructions in the kit. I am a dealer in Canada and have installed lots of these kits and always found it pretty straight forward by following the instruction sheet. Good luck.
Brian

Galen.
Which kit did they se

Galen.
Which kit did they sell you. I think there is one kit which is basically a rectifier if your motor has an existing AC lights coil.And another which comes with the stator and rectifier. Sounds like you got a kit with no stator and your motor isn t already fitted with one.

Back