Logo

Aq130c advise needed

walster

Contributing Member
"I will be retoqueing the head

"I will be retoqueing the head its rebuilt,valve grinding, springs ect. they also machined it flat,I have purchased 11/16th crows foot to do the job with.My question is; in my instruction book that came with the boat it says 65lbs.ft, in the workshop manual (both V/P)it says to do it in two stages the second stage is after 29 hrs use but calls for 64lbs.ft, I would like to know what should a rebuilt one be retorqued to for best results? Also seeing the valves will have to be reset should I loosen them first or reset after final torque? thanks again guys....."

"There is virtually no differe

"There is virtually no difference between 65 and 64 lbs.ft, and most torque wrenches are not 100% accurate.

I would back the head bolts slightly one by one, then re-torque them following the sequence outlined in the manual. Afterwards, I would adjust the valve tappets."

Thanks EL.I will try to do it

Thanks EL.I will try to do it today.Boating season is comeing to an abbrupt end here in the north and I want to take her out one more time.Hope you dont mind a few winterizing questions in a week or two. Thanks again Walt

Back