Logo

888 to alpha one change over

winger

"I've pulled my 1973 888 t

"I've pulled my 1973 888 transom/bell housing/gimbal assembly to facilitate upgrading to an Alpha one assembly.

The reason for this is to have the newer trim switches that the alpaha offers, as mine is broken. I've noticed that my transom assy has only one set of wires coming out of it, yet I have a trim gauge on the dash. Will I need to change the trim pump as well?

2nd. I've noticed that the 3 piece Y-exhaust has 5 bolt holes vice the 4 on the alpha, with the 5th hole being right over the gasket area. Does anyone have a p/n for the center y-section with only 4 holes? This has the offset bolt pattern.
I'm considering haveing an adapter plate made to solve this proglem. What do you think?

3rd. Is there any other problems that some of you have encountered that I haven't found already?

Any help would be appreciated before I continue."

"Ayuh,.....

2nd,..... They

"Ayuh,.....

2nd,..... They Never made that Part.....

3rd,..... The Rear Motor Mounts are Different, by 6"s........
And,...... I don't think they ever made That Part Either.......

Possibly the Flywheel Cover off a Merc. 470 Might fit your motor,+ be able to meet the Alpha's 9" Rear Motor Mounts......"

"Thanks Bondo. I'd forgot

"Thanks Bondo. I'd forgot to check that. I'll either have to get a different transom plate, modify my existing plate or scrap the whole conversion.

Thanks again for your input!
Mike"

Back