Logo

FORCE 120 WATER IN CYLINDER STILL AFTER CHANGING HEAD GASKET

B

BOB HANSEN

I have a dead cylinder #1 on

I have a dead cylinder #1 on 4cylinder forec 120. It looks like water on spark plug. I changed the head gasket and this didn't help. I did not separate the head cover. Does the head cover carry water? please help thanks Bob

" Bob,

I am going through t

" Bob,

I am going through the same trouble with my boat right now. My guess is that you ran the motor out of the water like I did. I replaced my points and started the motor to check it. There is an impeller that is in the outdrive and it drives the water into the system. It is made of rubber and burns up. Then the water doesn't circulate properly the exhaust over heats. The exhaust is higher than the block and when the gasket gets blown water flows into the motor.

I figured my head gasket was blown, but could not find any problems with it. I decided to get it tanked and valved anyway. My boat is in pieces in my driveway waiting for the parts. You will need to replace the impeller and the exhaust gasket. "

"my flywheel will not move whe

"my flywheel will not move when i try to turn it
manually, even when i pull all the plugs. is the
problem in the lower unit or the powerhead. the boat ran fine the last outing, and was rinsed on return.a few weeks later i tried to start the engine and discoverd this problem,thanks"

Back