Logo

1984 wellcraft with ford v8 what kind of motor is it

W

wheels-up

" hello , just bought an 84 w

" hello , just bought an 84 wellcraft elite on ebay , it has a ford v8 , how do i find out specs for the motor? firing order , timing - rotation , are the mail concerns. i dont know but i think its a 302 , it has ford on the valve covers - "

"Get the block ID number (

"Get the block ID number (stamped on the block) and look it up on the many web sites that have Ford engine reference numbers. I'm not that familiar with where Ford stamps their blocks or how long the number is, but it should be pretty obvious once you find it.

Ford numbers cylinders 1-4 on left (facing the front of the engine), and 5-8 on the right. If the distributor is wired correctly, just follow the wires around the distributor to get your firing order and rotation. Firing order is often stamped on the intake manifold, too.

"

" A 351 Windsor is the largest

" A 351 Windsor is the largest member of a small block family which includes the 255, 289 and 302.

The 351 Cleveland and 351 Modified engines are big blocks. The "351 Modified" means that it is a de-stroked 400 big block.

The easiest way might be to measure a known block from a car or boat as casting numbers are usually difficult to see as the stringer or oil cooler is in the way. TIn a car the casting number is behind the starter. Contacting Wellcraft may not help unless you are certain the engine hasn't been changed. "

I think the firing order is u

I think the firing order is unique on a 351. that should tell you what you have. should be cast into the intake manif.

Back