Logo

Mercruiser 470 Wiring Diagram

"Geoff,
Just google

"Geoff,
Just google it. You should be able to find what your looking for. Not sure what year you have, but i got a 1980 470, and it's pretty basic."

"Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

"Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I can't get anything on google. I did that first and could not believe that there was nothing there - then again it may be me. I think my stress level is hitting extreme - it is just too long since i went fishing.

Thanks,
Geoff"

"Geoff, try the search at the

"Geoff, try the search at the top of this page. By the way, what part of the wiring are you looking for?(starter, ign., trim,?) It may be easier if you narrow your search down."

"Ed,

Not exactly sure, most

"Ed,

Not exactly sure, most proberly ign, but I have a number of leaks/shorts. Battery drains quickly and spark is very weak and engine won't start. As with most older boats it has had a number of running repairs, and as usual some not done so well. What the main difficulty I am having is following the wiring from point to point which is taped together with other wiring - using miles of tape. there is only a few colors used and it makes it eaiser if I know where it goes to (or ment to go to). i have not had this boat for long and I am sure the previous owner has quite a number of wires connected to the wrong points, as well as being mixed up with other wiring.

Geoff"

Back