Logo

Cable Unconnected or Harness Extention?

sab

Regular Contributor
2004 350 Mag

I removed the fuel/water separator to gain access to the water pump drain holes and this loose cable seemed to popped out. It goes from the HP fuel pump/separator area over the forward top portion of the engine (intake) to the panel located just behind drive storage bottle/lube monitor. I believe its a red wire, and it's a dual connector but only one male connector inserted. Should this cable be connected somewhere? Alarm? Boat is winterized. I did a little research on the mercury parts breakdown page and found a "84-812733A2 harness assembly extension (Lube Bottle)"
(picture should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise)

Attachments

• wire.JPG
    wire.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Ya mercathode monitor if I had one (FW Boat) - I'll know in the spring. It also could be an alarm sending unit or a test connection? The boat going for lower gear & gimble inspection, and water impeller replacement in spring. I'll let them see it

BT Doctur - I subscribe to this forum for over a year, read the daily new/updated posts as part of my morning, and appreciate all the help you and the other regulars guys give to try to help people with their Merc problems.

Back