Logo

200 Hpdi year 2000

Kenmac

I have 200 Hpdi thatseems to run great at times but terrible others. I have changed the plugs, gas filter, vst screen, filter can above vst, gas primer ball... Nothing seemed to help, even ran on six gallon can to eliminate gas issues. When running bad will nt go over 3800 rpms and looking at motor from prop sidi the middle plug on the right and top plug on left does not make a diffence if on are not. By turning off the key and restarting it may run fine and I mean come out of the hole, never miss, run 5500 rpms for as long as run leave it running. Once you turn it off you have a 50/50 chance if it will run good or bad. Any sugestions, I like trying to fix it myself but this one has me stumped.

Keep in mind you only run on 4 cyls in neutral at idle. Sounds to me like you may have a problem with your neutral position switch. It is probably old enough to be intermittent.

Thanks, should switch be replaced or is there adjustments that can be made to correct the problem. Most important where is this switch located? Is it in the shift control or lower part of the motor, could not find on the Internet

is it any way to test if its bad because it only seems to happen when the key is turned off Not by going into neutral.also is it easy to change.

Check with ohmeter Rx1 scale. Stbd side, lower cowl. Relatively easy. There is also a new part to actuate that.

Back