Logo

i want a nicer trailer

The galvanized one I have now spent a lot of time time on the coast so rust is holding everything together. I've seen some very nice trailers for $300 but some only have bunks while mine has rollers too. My boat is a light 16 ft aluminum vee hull, dry weight 250-275 lbs. Could a bunk only work ?

This is a 22ft example. The bunks are adjustable but no rollers.

i92cwLSl.jpg

my catfishing buddy has a similar boat with a single bunk on each side trailer.....it works but usually dictates the boat get 'floated off'. this, of course, isn't the best for the logevity of the trailer....he's ok with it but doesn't use the boat "frequently" (maybe 15 trips a year). My opinion is a trailer with properly adjusted rollers is worth every dollar it will cost you....if your current trailer frame is near end of life, you can always consider saving its rollers and using them on a new frame...

A friend has a light boat like that and uses the slick silicon-type bunks that lets it slide into the water pretty easily. On a steep ramp, he has to use the winch to control the slide. Just make sure you use good tie-downs front and rear during transport.

If you are still looking for the trailer under $300 then either you can opt for Nicholson 1500 or Bunk trailers. If you still find yourself in confusion then consulting a person who has deep knowledge in buying the trailers can help you. My cousin also did the same, by consulting the head of auto transport West Palm Beach service he finally purchased an NT3500 Roller trailer. You can also go the same way if you are comfortable with my suggestion or else can choose the other options too.

Back