Logo

fuel oil ratio chrysler 9.9hp outboard model 95h3j

guimape

Hello how are you, I hope I can explain it , I understand very little English. the question is :what fuel oil ratio should I use in my outboard motor? I have tested with 50:1 but a lot of smoke and i need to know where is my problem? I read that there is 100:1 ratio but need to be sure not to cause damage to the engine, I look forward solution as I have not found anything regarding this engine model. thank i hope your answer soon.

I bought a small bottle of AMSOIL 100:1 once but never had the guts to try it. Another thing
an old Chrysler dealer told me once was NEVER use the oil made by the after market, even big
name brands like Pennzoil, Gulf, etc. They cause too much carbon build up unlike the OEM
oils.

Mercury Quicksilver 'Premium' 2-cycle has noticeably less smoke than any other 2-cycle oil
I've seen. I use in everything now even my lawn mower and snowmobile.
It's not real cheap but says what it does unlike other 'smokeless' oils and for
how much fuel you'll be burning especially if your going to troll a lot it's
worth it.

Jack

I bought a small bottle of AMSOIL 100:1 once but never had the guts to try it. Another thing
an old Chrysler dealer told me once was NEVER use the oil made by the after market, even big
name brands like Pennzoil, Gulf, etc. They cause too much carbon build up unlike the OEM
oils.

Mercury Quicksilver 'Premium' 2-cycle has noticeably less smoke than any other 2-cycle oil
I've seen. I use in everything now even my lawn mower and snowmobile.
It's not real cheap but says what it does unlike other 'smokeless' oils and for
how much fuel you'll be burning especially if your going to troll a lot it's
worth it.

Jack

thanks , i'll try with other kind of oil or other brand

The older outboard oils before TCW3 were not designed very well.The original outboard oil was actually designed to burn and carbon the cylinders and rings.
It took till TCW3 till they got it right.
Use any oil you want.
Amsoil is without a doupt the best also the most expensive.
I use it on other peoples stuff!!
You should de-carb with Seafoam or Power Tune at least once a year.
PM should be done all the time with an outboard.
I've seen people use a spray bottle with water in it to help remove carbon from the cylinders.(dont think I would).

While where on the subject... I was told by a Rokon tech that 24:1 is the
'sweet' spot for the Power Bee engines.

I took that as possibly having an effect on 2-cycle's in general for more compression and performance. Sound plausible to anyone....???

Jack

Hello how are you, I hope I can explain it , I understand very little English. the question is :what fuel oil ratio should I use in my outboard motor? I have tested with 50:1 but a lot of smoke and i need to know where is my problem? I read that there is 100:1 ratio but need to be sure not to cause damage to the engine, I look forward solution as I have not found anything regarding this engine model. thank i hope your answer soon.

I forgot it's the Premium 'PLUS'. There is a difference and although it cost twice as much as the regular 'Premium' it's worth it!

Back