Logo

VRO PUMP REMOVAL

R

RKM

HOW DO I REMOVE VRO PUMP AND J

HOW DO I REMOVE VRO PUMP AND JUST MIX GAS AND OIL IN THE TANK

"(VRO Pump Conversion To S

"(VRO Pump Conversion To Straight Fuel Pump)
(J. Reeves)

You can convert the VRO pump into a straight fuel pump, eliminating the oil tank and VRO pump warning system, but retain the overheat warning setup by doing the following:

1 - Cut and plug the oil line at the engine so that the oil side of the VRO pump will not draw air into its system. Trace the wires from the back of the VRO to its rubber plug (electrical plug) and disconnect it.

2 - Trace the two wires from the oil tank to the engine, disconnect those two wires, then remove them and the oil tank.

3 - Mix the 50/1 oil in the proper amount with whatever quantity fuel you have. Disconnect the fuel line at the engine. Pump the fuel primer bulb until fuel exits that hose with the tint of whatever oil you used. Reconnect the fuel hose.

That's it. If you want to test the heat warning system to ease your mind, have the key in the on position, then ground out the tan heat sensor wire that you'll find protruding from the cylinder head. The warning horn should sound off.

When time permits, visit my store (copy/paste) at: stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

I have a 1988 150hp Evinrude w

I have a 1988 150hp Evinrude with the VRO. I disconnected the VRO several years ago and now have a leak in the VRO housing. Is there a fuel pump that I can use for this engine without having to reinstall another VRO pump ?

"u can use the old style 2 fue

"u can use the old style 2 fuel pumps for v'6;s..and need to do a lil plumbing,but will work perfectly..have done it numerous times."

Back