Logo

Yanmar 1gm10 steam in exhaust

Marek

I have a new yanmar 1gm10 which is sea water cooled. The engine was run in last season and has about 60 hours on it. This season I have noticed quite a lot of steam coming out the exhaust when the engine is under high load. It doesn't look like the flow of water is restricted because I also see water coming out of the exhaust. The water is pretty hot. Apart from this the engine runs fine and starts perfectly first time. Is this steam normal? I didn't notice it last season but was not running the engine at full load.

Thanks Marek.

I believe it would be watervapour and not " steam "

Yes I agree. I should have said water vapour. Anyway, the thing I want to establish: is this normal?

Obviously its difficult to judge without seeing it. However I can say water vapour is not excessive, but it is certainly noticeable.

Thanks

This is normal.---------And you will see more of that on a cool day.----------Not sure of where you are but on a sub zero day in the winter you will see lots of water vapour coming out of tailpipes in traffic jams.-------Not to be seen on a hot summer day !

Back