Logo

2007 Df 115 hp one beep when starting motor

aaron_g

ive had a 2007 df115 since new and today when i started it i had a short beep when the motor was kicking over. it started fine. the motor done this every time. its not the service alarm and none of the lights are coming on to indicate a problem. i gave the motor a once over but could not see any problems

Re: Df 115 one beep when starting motor

hi aaron,

my 2007 df115 is now doing the same thing!!.... was wondering if you had found what the issuse is?

Most motors these days give a momentary beep when the key is turned " on "--------------------a self check of the horn.

the motor beeps when turned to the on position doing its normal checks. then it gives another beep when the motor is turning over to start. has only started doing this in the last 2 weeks. got me stumped?!?!

The oil change reminder is a flashing oil light. I am not aware of an associated beep, but if it is the oil change reminder you should also have the flashing oil light. The reset procedure is in your owners manual.

It definitely beeps to remind you you need in oil change. You can clear it so it stops beeping by pulling your lanyard on the kill switch, and pulling the knob 3x within 10 seconds. I almost had a heart attack the first time it came on.

What does it mean if i turn the key and it doesn't beep. That happened to one of the boats I take care for a couple days but now it beeps again? Thanks Justin

Back