Logo

Fuel filters for 360's

TPGG

Contributing Member
P/O had 2 micron racors in line from the tank to the pump right now. This seems a bit over the top, is there any reason to stay with 2 micron or are 10 micron fine? (10 are cheaper and way easier to find)

If the PO was fighting an issue with alkaline laden fuel that was carrying aluminum residue in solution, it may explain the 2 micron.

Your call.... but don’t change from the RACOR system..... that’s the good stuff!

Racors are going nowhere, I'm sure the wonderful yard the P/O used that didn't say a thing about the clear inline filters between the pumps and carbs that unscrewed with barely any force suggested them because they're "better". :rolleyes:

Oh, also the last time the yard changed the oil, they basically filled the bilge with oil, left the drip pads there, and never cleaned it up. So that'll be a fun project to clean this winter.

Last edited:
Racors are going nowhere, I'm sure the wonderful yard the P/O used that didn't say a thing about the clear inline filters between the pumps and carbs that unscrewed with barely any force suggested them because they're "better".

Those little in-line fuel filters have no place in a marine environment..... especially if installed in the fuel line between the fuel pump and carburetor.
They are not USCG approved, the filter media is too small to be of any value, and they should not be installed within the pressurized side of the system.

Those little in-line fuel filters have no place in a marine environment..... especially if installed in the fuel line between the fuel pump and carburetor.
They are not USCG approved, the filter media is too small to be of any value, and they should not be installed within the pressurized side of the system.

And a "WELL RESPECTED" yard took care of the boat for years.

Note: I use that term loosely.

And a "WELL RESPECTED" yard took care of the boat for years.

Note: I use that term loosely.

Perhaps I am not understanding you.
Are you saying that they did install one of the in-line see-thru filters, and in the pressurized side of the fuel system?

Perhaps I am not understanding you.
Are you saying that they did install one of the in-line see-thru filters, and in the pressurized side of the fuel system?

I'm not sure if they installed them, but for 5 years at a pro yard, they maintained the boat and left them there before I bought the boat.

Back