Logo

RPMS 25hp 4 stroke honda

macdaddy

Ok I was planned off running u

Ok I was planned off running up a creek @ 5300 rpm wto for my motor and boat.. and hit a stump under water. after looking at prop. nothing bent or warped looks good.But now it I throggle wide open rpms go up above 6200rpms and I back it down to mid 5500 rpm but can not get on plane boats alot slower and I have never got 6200 rpm ..
After trailering boat pulled prop to check hub to check I can't see where hub spunnn on prop.
SO what should I check next????

"Well not the hub marked it NO

"Well not the hub marked it NO SLIPPING !!! I guess I hit hard enough to change the angle on the alum. prop and that causeing more rpm's . plus Placed it in gear , turn prop with foot and turned motor or pistons over in motor had great compression SO I got a good shaft all way to the prop so its got to be prop. angle changed on inpack with stump or log but all the blades look the same and nothing looks bent!!!! so i may be going stainless steel this week"

You need to be very careful wi

You need to be very careful with that stainless prop in areas where they can hit something. The fact that you had an aluminum prop may have saved your lower end or crank shaft.

Back