Logo

Johnson MileMaster tank help !!

seahorsedad

:confused: Greetings All,
New to the forum, great place, first post. I was given a boat, Johnson CD-15 motor, and 6 gal. pressure tank. In an attempt to get the motor running after setting 10 years, I have it off the boat on stand in water. Problem is, I rebuilt the tank gasket and diaphragm(with metal primer) but I still cannot get gas to the carb by pushing the primer. Also removed and cleaned the dip tube and the check valve rattles as it should. Is there an o-ring that goes with the primer rod also? I've checked everywhere on the web for info, any help appreciated. I would like to be sure this motor will run so my son and I can do some fishing.
Sincerely,
Donald

Cant help you there BUT There are some kind of kits to set the motor up with a nonpressure tank and single hose.Maybe google it

Thanks dew2,
Yes I am aware of that conversion. I guess its the nostalgia of the mechanics and the setup that I'm trying to get this to work. If need be I'll go to the single line setup. Thanks for your interest in this post.
Donald:)

Thanks bobbyc,
Excellent info. I think I found the problem. Somewhere over the years, the one support washer was placed on the pressure side instead of above and below the plunger rod. So again thanks, and I'll report back with success or more help needed.
Donald

Thanks bobbyc,
Excellent info. I think I found the problem. Somewhere over the years, the one support washer was placed on the pressure side instead of above and below the plunger rod. So again thanks, and I'll report back with success or more help needed.
Donald

hi everyone, I just got our old 57 Johnson javelin running again. The Johnson mile master tank with the push button primer won't thread into the tank housing. Sure enough fuel now leaks out the primer opening, with enough pressure to keep the motor running. I can see into the housing where the button should thread, am I missing a part? Will the leak stop once the button is threaded? Thanks!!

The nut is probably unscrewed from the end of the primer rod. Tank has to come apart to fix it.
Now let's put this six year old thread back into the archives.

Back