Logo

ebbtide I/O impeller

ebbtide 2300

I took my ebbtide 2300 with merc I/O 350/bravo 3 for an impeller swap, i got it home and tried to flush it but no water came out of the exit ports, i immediately shut it down and returned it to the mechanic. when i initially picked it up he told me he ran it for "an hour" and was sure it was installed correctly. i questioned, "how can you have flushed it"? i tried and it did not rotate water thru the motor. he said that he used a different type of flusher, other than the "ears" and it forces hose pressure water thru the motor. my BS meter is reving bigtime, can someone please tell me if this type of flush kit exists and my biggest worry is if he damaged my engine and what i should do to check it out. Thanks for your time i appreciat

Bravo drive installations usually use an engine mounted pump....and its water source can vary.....many will use a thru hull fitting with a strainer....have you checked to see how the pump get fed?

BTW, you are better off posting mercruiser questions to the Mercruiser board vs the Marine Power board....

Back