Logo

Tahotsu 99 2 stoke model M99B2

gregd

"Purchased a Tahotsu 9.9 2 str

"Purchased a Tahotsu 9.9 2 stroke the other day to put on a 14' Alumcrat Jon. The motor appears to be in good shape (runs very good) I emailed Tahotus/Nissan with the serial number and they advised the year model is probably early 1990's.

This is my first Tahotsu. Does this motor have a good history ?

It has an alum. prop., a little rough around the edges. I contacted a local dealer regarding a SS prop for this motor. He adivsed that SS props for motors 18hp and under are no longer made . He said that "PowerTech Props" had also stopped production
He stated that a SS prop is not recommeded because of the small gears. Better to damage the
prop than the gears. Makes sense, we have a lot of logs, stumps etc. where we fish.

Thanks in advance,

GregD (newbie to this forum)"

"Tohatsu Guru,

Thanks ! I h

"Tohatsu Guru,

Thanks ! I have heard that they are strong motors. We live on the water (bayou) and this boat and motor stays there.

The only part I need is off the back of the cowling. The "grip thing" --- lol (handle), for raising & lowering the motor . I thought about using a piece of 1" alum. angle.

( "TOHATSU" --- I don't know why I keep spelling it with an "a". "Brain melt down" I guess)

Thanks Again,

GregD"

"Tohatsu Guru,

Does this mo

"Tohatsu Guru,

Does this model Tohatsu use just a Tohatsu prop or maybe another brand like Mercury etc. ?

GregD"

"Tohatsu, Nissan are interchan

"Tohatsu, Nissan are interchangable....On this model engine, the current Mercury 20 and 15 will also fit."

"Tohatsu Guru,

You are sayi

"Tohatsu Guru,

You are saying the current Mercury 20/15hp Four stroke props will work on my early 1990's Tohatsu 9.9 ?"

"Tohatsu Guru,

Thanks for t

"Tohatsu Guru,

Thanks for the info.
happy.gif

Greg"

Back