Logo

2007 50 tldi Fuel coming out the exhaust when cranking

Kmo

Anyone know what the problem is with my motor. Motor was running fine and then stalled. When I tried to crank it, I noticed that fuel was in the water. When I got it home I try to crank it and fuel just pours out the lower end. I’ve replaced the fuel pump it cranked right up ran for 15 minutes then stalled. When I crank it fuel still comes out the lower end. Took it to a boat repair place they said they fixed it ran 15 minutes then quit. Fuel still coming out the lower end when I try to crank it. I’d appreciate any help. Thank you

I assume your model is MD50B or B2. What did the repair place do? What are your air and fuel pressures? Do you have spark at all?

I assume your model is MD50B or B2. What did the repair place do? What are your air and fuel pressures? Do you have spark at all?
Hey Paul, I messed around with today and I think I figured it out. I had replaced the low pressure fuel pump when it quit and it ran for about a 1/2 and quit. So today I took the fuel pump back off and could see I didn’t get the gasket on correctly. So I put it back on and I got it cranked and it ran in the yard for about an hour so I think I’m good hopefully. I will reach out to you if it’s not fixed. I couldn’t get anyone to look at it around here until the middle of February. Thank you so much for responding to help me.

Hey Paul, I messed around with today and I think I figured it out. I had replaced the low pressure fuel pump when it quit and it ran for about a 1/2 and quit. So today I took the fuel pump back off and could see I didn’t get the gasket on correctly. So I put it back on and I got it cranked and it ran in the yard for about an hour so I think I’m good hopefully. I will reach out to you if it’s not fixed. I couldn’t get anyone to look at it around here until the middle of February. Thank you so much for responding to help me.
Hey Paul, so that didn’t work. Took it out on the river ran fine for about and hour. Shut it off and it never cranked again. Fuel coming out the lower end still when I crank it over, won’t start. Air pressure is 80 and fuel pressure is 80. it fires a little when I first try to crank it, but won’t run at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, Well I never have thought of that. I will take the fill cap off and see if it changes anything. Thank you

Your pressures are off. Should be a 10 PSI differential. Also 80 is a hair low. Check air and fuel regulators.

Just never know, but I've run into excessive pressure especially with the new plastic, no vent tanks.

Back