Logo

Cross reference for 25hp

mlbrewer

Hey there, everybody. I'm trying to cross reference if yamaha made an engine that mercury/mariner put thier name on and sold, so I can purchase replacement parts for it not from mercury. I posted on the merc forum but no answers yet. I have a 1998 mariner 25hp big foot that I believe is identical to the T25MLH outboards. All parts are WAY cheaper thru yamaha and if I can find their outboard, then I can order parts thru Yam. It's a 4 stroke, 2 cyl, 2.5591 in. bore/2.953 in. stroke powerhead with the larger 2.42:1 lower unit/gear case. The model # from mercury is 7-F25211GD, which will pull up the schematics on merc site.

When I look at the schematics online, the fuel pump, power pack(cdi), coil, spark plug and configuration all look the same. But without absolute knowledge, me ordering the wrong parts would be ridiculous. Anyone with info, please help so I can get back on the water and fish!

i don't know if this is what you are looking for but any Mariner motor made in the United States will have the same parts as a Mercury. Serial numbers are 7-8 digits long

Motors made by Yamaha have a different type of serial number three digits---one digit---then a series of numbers.

Back