Logo

Speedo On 150hp Merc

merc150

OK i got this 150hp V-6 merc a

OK i got this 150hp V-6 merc and I'm trying to get the speedo working. Does the line run to the lower gear unit and if so do i half to take the lower unite apart to pot the line in? I dont no the year but this is the SN#5708239.

"there is a very small hole in

"there is a very small hole in the leading edge of the lower unit, its clogged with crap. somewhere on the line going to the lower unit to the boat is a splice. Disconnect the line and blow the line to the lower unit out with air. If the line is bad you will need to remove the lower unit to replace it. You can also remove the line at the gauge and blow back from there. Do not blow the gage up. The system works off of pressure, the faster you go the greater the pressure at the lower unit."

"well it should run right up t

"well it should run right up through the center towards the front clamp assembly.
You don't have a pilot tube (white plastic) hanging off the back of the boat do you, that would be the other way of having the speedo hooked up"

"You don't have a pilot tu

"You don't have a pilot tube (white plastic) hanging off the back of the boat do you, that would be the other way of having the speedo hooked up.........

Yea I got one but it wont push the speedo in the water on the trailer poling it and speedo goes to 10 drops back down to 0.. "

I always thought it was a pito

I always thought it was a pitot tube.Some motors have them and some don't.

sorry for the spelling error.

sorry for the spelling error. If you have the pitot tube then just blow that out. If you wish to use the orifice in the lower unit than it will have to be removed and the hose added. These speedo's are not very accurate at low speeds even when new.

Back