Logo

1990 150 with broken crankshaft.

timguy

Silver Medal Contributor
Hey techs....what is a good labor price for a crankshaft replacement on this baby? It's bigger than I usually work on. Crank busted off flush with flywheel when starter engaged at near full throttle. Thanks, Tim
P.S. I have a crankshaft and all bearings, that's why the job is attractive to me.

Boobie. The guy doesn't know what happened, guess I'll have to diagnose....sure wouldn't want to happen again. Thanks Pappy. Here is a couple photos.Screenshot_20220628-215129_compress87.jpg

Last edited:
Another one.
Anyone remember when you could buy a brand new Ford Maverick for $1,999. Was Fords answer to the cheap Japanese stuff coming overseas. I had one, C4 automatic with 250 cu. in. upgrade. She ran like a "raped ape". Outran the cops once even. Paid $2,250 bucks....best car I ever owned. 24 mpg. Life was good. Making $2.75 an hour at the Evinrude dealership. What the he!! happened? Kids could go to school without getting executed, and pot and cigarettes were the worst things haunting them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-224354_compress59.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-224354_compress59.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
All through my working career my hourly wage was = to 1 case of beer.------Numbers got bigger but value was the same.

Ha! What kind of beer? Certainly an interesting comparison! Hamm's here is $16 for a 30 pack. That lasts me a month, little less in summer when that ice cold brew calls for a second round. Then the wife and grandpa invited for a toast, so times 3.

Last edited:
Labatts when we head to camp. Molson great too. That's why your still healthy, Racer.
Crankshaft....yup beer is still one helluva value. Let's see....12 oz times 30 divided by 128....3 gallons of beer for 16 bucks....why drive? 3 gallons of gas is 16 bucks too. I'll just stay home and drink? Have my customers drop their stuff, order parts on line? Now that's a pretty damn good deal, eh? Can't afford ammo, but stocked up 30 years ago. Nobody gonna come and steal my Hamm's.

What happened to the flywheel at lift off near wide open throttle? Similar to the Russian Tank "Jack in the Box" issue?
Naaa motor just shuts off and you hear a rattling for a minute or so..I have been in 2 boats this happened in...flywheel wasnt torqued on one of em

Back