Logo

Remote steeringcontinued

Sorry Jason been busier than a

Sorry Jason been busier than a one armed paper hanger. So you basicly want to steer the kicker with the big motor while your trolling. You will probably need a custom tie bar. I would need to see a photo of the application Pm a photo to me.

I bought a nice stainless one

I bought a nice stainless one form Cabela's a couple years back. It was very easy to trim down to fit my 15 Yamaha. It could also have been bent if needed. I paid to much for it and if I had to do it over again I would buy all the parts (quick disconnects) through Grainger which does carry them. One marine store near me used to make them for customers but stoped due to liability issues.

"Do you have hydraulic steerin

"Do you have hydraulic steering on the boat already? If so you can use Teleflex's liquid tie bar valve and add a cylinder to the 9.9. This system allows you 2 steering options...main motor only or both engines turning together..all by rotating an inline valve. The big plus -No rattling/vibrating metal tie bar while the 9.9 is trolling all day. not the cheapest way to go, but I think mine was worth the money."

"I've got the stainless ti

"I've got the stainless tie bar now, problem is that it interfers with the tilt lock on the 9.9 and the hangs up the steering completely until you get back there and pop it free (not good!)

I would like to go to an independant type steering for the kicker. The kicker is plumbed into the boat (non hydraulic steering unfortunately) from original owner so controls are up at the helm which I can live with but want to steer from the back deck and rid myself of the tie bar that keeps hanging up. I was thinking about something along the lines of "Remote Troll" anyone have experience with these??"

"So I take it that unhooking t

"So I take it that unhooking the tiebar to the kicker when not in use is not what you want to do? I mostly use my kicker when I troll in the springimte for salmon and just attatch it when needed. It makes not noise from vibration with my main eninge. The Teleflex system sounds like a great way to go, wonder how much it costs?"

"It is unhooked now and you hi

"It is unhooked now and you hit the nail on the head (trolling for salmon and noise) I guess I could leave it and attach as needed but I would prefer to have a complete independant system for the troll motor...Teleflex is the bomb, I use it one my commercial dungy boat for multiple steer staions and controls and have not one grip about it except for what the expense would be to convert my"play" boat over"

"My old system was a bend piec

"My old system was a bend piece of stainless ready rod with a gillnet float slid onto it and held in place with washers and nuts. (in case it needed to float) I attached it at the start of trolling and removed before heading home. I used an all rubber bungy to put some torque on the rod to a fix point on the boat..it took most of the rattle and vibration away as the tie bar had a constant load on it, instead of loose."

"The Teleflex system is not ch

"The Teleflex system is not cheap, but the best! A cylinder for the kicker about $550.00 CDN (HC-5345) 3 or 4 hydraulic hoses another $300.00, the valve, (I got an out of the box one for $150.00 and that was apparently a bargain, a few misc fittings and a modification on the kicker cylinder mounts to make it fit. I think I'm into mine for about $1,200.00 CDN Most of the better guides here have this system and have no complaints."

Back