Logo

40hp Mercury alarm buzzer

pfalchi

This is going to long but want to give you all the details. I have a 2005 40 go merc serial number 1b194936 carb 2 stroke motor. I believe it has command 2000 controls not sure we're to find the model on them. Anyways if I start it up and run across the lake after about 15mins the alarm buzzer in the control starts going off. Motor is pissing plenty of water and is nice and cool. Put a new impeller in it anyways. Oil tank is full. If I unhook the wire running to the temp sensor and ground it the buzzer gets louder. If I ground out one if the wires for the oil level sensor it gets louder.

After the initial 15 mins of running the buzzer comes on as soon as you turn they key weather it has sat 5 mins or 6 hours. after sitting overnight the buzzer is off until you run it for 15mins again.

Any help you be great if you need more info please let me know.

Start by examining all your electronic connections,at control box and under engine hood, we are looking for security,corrosion frayed wires,bad grounds. pull connectors apart look for loose pins ETC.

I did check all that could not find coroision or frayed wires. everything appears in good shape. But will double check it again later.

well looking over the motor again I noticed the connector that goes from the control harness to the adapter for the motor harness is all corroded could this be my issue

Corrosion will cause increased resistance thus lowering current flow to your electronics,altering many functions of the engine, in other words yes.

Back