Logo

Mercury 150 4 stroke issues

RRamey

The tilt up relay keeps clicking on mercury 150 4 stroke. Traced it to the ecm module. When I unplug the ecm the relay quits clicking. Is it the ecm or something else. I have replaced the relays and that didn’t work.

You would have to really think about replacing the ECM module.---Big $$$ I believe.-----Perhaps find a way to provide 12 volts DIRECTLY to the trim motor and see if it operates both ways.------That might tell you that it is a wiring / connection problem.

You would have to really think about replacing the ECM module.---Big $$$ I believe.-----Perhaps find a way to provide 12 volts DIRECTLY to the trim motor and see if it operates both ways.------That might tell you that it is a wiring / connection problem.
That is my thoughts too. Something in the ecm is draining the battery. There is a company named Simon that say they can repair a ECM module. I am thinking of sending it to them. I wonder if anyone else has used them?Trim motor operates as it should when routed around the ecm.

Time to call Mercury dealer or factory service rep.-------My opinion only.------Too much of these electronic parts are either NLA / superceded / far too expensive.------For what they ask / want for an ECM i would want 2 used running 2 strokes.-----Picked up a matching set 2 years ago for less than a 4 stroke ECM.------When they run these new 4 stroke motors do run nice !!

Back