Logo

1992 70hp force engine

davidtw1

"I am trying to change the low

"I am trying to change the lower unit oil in my outboard, I was told to force the oil in the bottom drain plug and remove the vent plug till it starts coming out the top, when I did this it wouldnt let me push but just a small amount in the hole then it stoped, and didnt come out of the vent hole, there is another screw that looks like the vent screw beside the vent screw, I took it out also but still the same result, is that the fill hole or what, why wont it let me push the oil in the lower unit?"

"Depending on what model and h

"Depending on what model and hp of your unit, you may be attempting to push the oil into a gear shift arm pivot pin hole near the drain hole."

it a 1992 70hp force outboard

it a 1992 70hp force outboard there is a screw at the back bottom of the lower unit and above that is another screw that says vent beside it but beside it is another one just like the vent screwbut it doesnt have anything written beside it.

"Your lower unit is divided in

"Your lower unit is divided into upper half and lower half which houses the propeller shaft. The oil drain plug is on the starboard side of the lower half just below the rounded housing of the propeller shaft. It should be the same size as the vent plug. Wallmart sells a hand pump device that screws into the drain plug and into the container of lower end oil. You pump the oil in untill it comes out of the vent screw plug hole. Replace the vent screw with a new gasket. Remove the pump, then quickly reinstall the drain plug screw with a new gasket. Hope that helps."

Back