Logo

How do identify my VolvoPenta 4 cyl engine

mike

Regular Contributor
" I have a 4 cyl Volvo Penta e

" I have a 4 cyl Volvo Penta engine witha Volvo 270 drive. There are no marking on the valve cover. It only has 1 carb on the intake so I think this narrows it down to an AQ105A, AQ115A, AQ115B, AQ120B, AQ125A or AQ125B.

Anyone know how to help me ID my engine??

I was given the boat with the engine in pieces. Anyone know where to buy a used/rebuilt engine??

Any and all help appreciated. "

" I worked on lots of older Vo

" I worked on lots of older Volvo's in the past and if I had a pic, might be able to identify it. "

" As far as the basic engine i

" As far as the basic engine is concerned, the older Volvos were based on two basic engines. Oldest was the B18 (B stands for benzine, which means gasoline in Swedish), which is the same engine used in the Volvo 122 cars until 1968/9, when they were replaced by the B20, which is the same block bored to 2 liters from 1.8. These were used in the 140 series car from '69 to '75 or so
The next engine is the (I think) B21, which is a complete new engine as used in the Volvo 240 series, which is a slant-four with overhead cam, and an aluminum head. They are all very durable engines, so the cars rusted out well ahead of the engines wearing out, and are easy to find in junkyards that deal in this era foreign cars. "

what kind of heads came on the

what kind of heads came on the b21 block??

Back