Logo

1985 force 50 hp no reverse slips on foward

W

walter muse

" I have just purchased this b

" I have just purchased this boat and tried it out put it in the water then in reverse nothing hapened ,but engine reved up. then i put in forward it moved but started slipping . the more power the more it slipped .I checked the schere pin , it is ok . Can anyone help with this . "

Check to see if your prop has

Check to see if your prop has spun. There is a bushing/bearing in the prop that is pressed in and they will go bad.

" Todd ! thanks for the info,

" Todd ! thanks for the info, I can't see a problem with prop. When i put in reverse i can turn prop freely in both directions no restriction . When in forward the prop turns one way free the the other way takes sometimes a few turns to catch .does this info help . could something have come loose in lower end ? 1985 50hp force . "

hi do u have a pic. of that 1

hi do u have a pic. of that 1986 50 hp force that u could e mail me please. maybee the prob. ur having is that the shear pin might need replacing might be broken but at times it can catch and then give u the resistence ur experiencing hope this helps.
.the reason im requesting a pic is cuz im interested in purchasing a outbord that is a forse but i think the person took the serial number off a newer motor and tryng to sell me an oldie i may be wrong but i gotta go with my gutt feeling on this 1

I own a 84 model 1158H3F Chryl

I own a 84 model 1158H3F Chrylser and need to know the spark plug and gapping for it. Any body have any idea.
thanks

"Mark,

What spark plug to y

"Mark,

What spark plug to you have it it?

The service manual for that model say plug L20V , "gap not adjustable"."

Back